Perhaps. you’ve had a situation where you really want your mod to have a fragment from the original level of the game. Basically. this is usually not difficult to do if everything is done correctly. The basic procedure is listed below.
- Open 2 instances of the editor
- In one instance of the editor (1) open a file from which you need to borrow something
- In the second instance of the editor (2), it is supposed to make its own level based on the inserted fragment
- In the editor (1) select the desired fragment of the scene and copy it to the clipboard (Copy item in the menu)
- In the editor (2) insert the copied fragment
- We remove unnecessary elements, including unnecessary triggers, characters and other objects and actors
- Close the editor (1) without saving and continue working in the editor (2).
If you want to use a level geometry from another Unreal Engine 1-based game, then you may need to export the level to t3d format and then import it in your current game’s editor.
For some games, a direct attempt to open a level file in Metallicafan212’s Harry Potter 2 editor may work.
But it’s better, of course, to copy fragments from the same game, because it’s easier that way 😉