HP and your computer is a little assistant for fans of games of the magical world of J. K. Rowling.
Price: Free (Freeware).
Download page is here.
The program knows the following games:
- Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone (SS)
- Chamber of Secrets (CS)
- Prisoner of Azkaban (PA)
- Goblet of Fire (GF)
- Order of the Phoenix (OP)
- Half-Blood Prince (HP)
- Deathly Hallows. Both parts (DH)
- Quidditch World Cup (Quidditch)
- LEGO Harry Potter: 1-4 years (LEGO 1-4)
- LEGO Harry Potter: 5-7 years (LEGO 5-7)
- Wands and witches (WAW)
- Wands and witches: Autumn Adventure (WAW: AA)
Capabilities and features
- A simple library of HP-games (game library) for a computer
- You can add several copies of one game to the game Library
- Check the basic parameters of computer compatibility with the game
- Create backup copies of saves (for one or all games)
- Opening folders with save files
- Quick access to the main system windows
- Interface in 5 languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Japon (experimental).
- Open folder with save files*
- Enable / disable debugging mode (SS, CS, PA)
- Enabling the window mode
- Correction of viewing angles HFOV
- Unlocking Quidditch (the corresponding section is added to the configuration file, SS)
- Change the resolution of the game screen
- Adding several cheat codes (user.ini) (SS, CS, PA).
- Setting the volume level of sounds and music (SS, CS, PA).
- Apply settings to both the main game and the demo version (SS, CS).
- Running any level (SS, CS, PA).
- Definition of the current language of the game
- Getting the list of built-in languages
- Switching the language of the game provided by the engine way (voice + subtitles). Works with some assemblies of the game (SS, CS, PA, DH).
- Deletion of configuration files (in case of failure) (SS, CS, PA).
- Ability to play under Windows 8, Windows 10 (SS, PA)
- Opening the door in the Gryffindor Living Room (Gryffindor quest, CS)
- Reducing the duration of the screen saver when the game starts (0.2 seconds instead of 3) (CS)
- Selection of the drawing engine (in the configuration file) (PA).
- Run the game from the program (does not work on all systems)
- Renaming the folder "movies" (a banal solution to the problem with damaged video in very bad assemblies of the game)
- Correcting the problem when it's impossible to start the game again (a rare crash in the game, HP)
- Creation of reg-files for changing the language (7 languages *) and displaying instructions for editing the registry manually (DH)
- Forced disabling / enabling dynamic lighting (bypassing a known error: the game may hang when the ice melts in the "Dark Tower" level, LEGO 1-4)
- Run the Steam version of the game in one of the 7 supported languages (LEGO 1-4).
- Run the Steam version of the game in one of the 10 supported languages (LEGO 5-7).
* PA and DH have a very strange system of saving: for each language version, a separate folder for saving is created.
Therefore, our program supports only those languages, information about which we were able to verify games have long been out of sale, but their distribution model also did not allow access to all language versions of the game, since the principle of regional distribution was used.
DH: English, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, French.
PA: English, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Czech.
- If after turning on the debug mode the game stopped starting, then you need to delete the configuration files (hp.ini, game.ini, hppoa.ini, user.ini in the save folder), restart the game and enable debug mode without using the program. This happens in very old builds of games.
- Since the Quidditch League progress is saved not in the save files, but in the configuration file, when the hp.ini file is locked, this game mode is blocked. You must either abandon the debug mode, or select the Quidditch League unlock function in our program. But to keep progress in the League will not work.
- If you use the old way to change the screen resolution in the Goblet of Fire, then for each new resolution a new file is created with the extension exe. Need to run it.
Changes to the file system and registry
- Create a folder AppData\Roaming\hp-gamesnet
- Create a file in the Saves folder (with the creation of backups)
- Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince. To force change the game settings, two additional files are added to its folder.
- Adding or removing Gryffindor quest unlock file
- Deathly Hallows. The program creates a file to modify the registry. The user himself decides - to use the file or not. The contents of the file can be viewed in any text editor.
- ЛЕГО LEGO Harry Potter: 1-4 years. Amendments are made to the hidden developers configuration file (to solve the Dark Tower), as well as in the service file for the game Steam-version (language switching). In case of damage to the latter request is sufficient to check the Steam client files: corrupted file is automatically overwritten.
- Operating system: Windows 8, Windows 10.
- For Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 may require the installation of Microsoft .NetFramework 4.0.
- Open the archive using the archiver.
- Extract the folder from the archive on a disk with games (preferably not the C drive).
- Run the program and add games to the library.
- If the program does not start - install .NetFramework 4.0.
Notes and technical aspects
- Program was tested 60+ antivirus software (view report). May cause false positives from anti-virus 360/Cylance.
- The program does not distribute any advertising or malicious modules.
- Information about third-party development is given in the menu "?".
- The program is distributed on Freeware and principles "as is".
Reprinting and publication on other websites:
- Do you want to publish the program somewhere else?) Publish. And notify us of the fact of publication (for example, in a comment ;-)).
- Well, we are too lazy to answer questions about this program on other people's sites ;-) Especially if someone changed its code ;-)
P.S. If you have any suggestions about additional features - specify them in the comments. It may be some action with the game and its files, and actions for the implementation of which you do not have enough knowledge, experience, or just a little afraid of - nothing to break, and it is better to entrust the program (although the program sometimes break something better people :-) ).
P.P.S. This article may contain errors. You can help us with the error correction. Addresses to communicate with the administration on this page: https://hp-games.net/about-en.