Based on the first film about the adventures of a young wizard, several different games were made, which are united only by a common name and some resources. All of them are designed for different devices: computer and game consoles.
In each game, a special version of the magical world awaits you. Unlike the events of the original story, in the games, Harry must solve puzzles, solve riddles, jump, run, and fight rats, armor, or whatever. In general, welcome to the video game version of the magical world 😉
Introduction to the game
Tips, secrets, recommendations
Game walkthrough videos
- List of mods for this game
- Unpacking and assembling “u” packages in the Philosopher’s Stone for PC
- How to create your texture package in the editor (HP1, HP2)
- Mods. Philosopher’s Stone. Part 1. Creating the first level
- Mods. Philosopher’s Stone. Part 2. Adding objects, lighting and music
This is a short walk through fragments of locations from the main game. Windows version only.
The files are packed in archives and placed in folders of the most accessible free services.
- Save 1 (save_pc_hp1, rar, 233 KB). End of the game. A scene with Snape, viewing of magic cards (all collected) and credits are available1.
- Save 2 (hp1_ps1_emul_epsxe, 7z, 6 KB). Saves for the emulator PS11.
- The project “Saves for PC”. On the project website, you can upload a save for each “chapter” or all at once2.
- Windows Vista/7/8/10/11: Documents\Harry Potter\Save
- Windows XP: My Documents\Harry Potter\Save
- Windows 95/98/Me: Save (in the game folder)
Old consoles like Playstation or GameCube have long been history. Therefore, the only chance to play games for them is to use the console emulator.
Emulators: VisualBoy Advance (GBA, GBC), ePSXe (PS1), Pcsx2 (PS2), Dolphin (GameCube).
- PC (Windows, Mac OS X 10.5)
- Game Boy Advance (GBA)
- Game Boy Color (GBC)
- GameCube (GC)
- PlayStation (PS1)
- PlayStation 2 (PS2)
Genre (according to the platforms)
- PC (Windows): Adventure, quest
- Argonaut Games (PS1)
- Griptonite Games (GBA, GBC)
- KnowWonder (PC, Windows)
- Warthog Games (Gamecube, Xbox, PS2)
- Electronic Arts, Aspyr
- 16 Nov 2001: PC (Windows), PS1, GBA, GBC
- 28 Feb 2002: MacOS
- 9/12 Dec 2003: Gamecube, Xbox, PS2
- 3+ (PEGI).
Game file size
- PC (Windows): 400…500 MB.
- GameCube: 1.35 GB (1 disc)
- GBA: 8 MB (cartridge).
- GBC: 4 MB (cartridge).
- PS1: 600 MB (1 CD).
- PS2: 4.5 GB (1 DVD).
Languages (depends on the region)
- PC (Windows). Voice acting and text: DE, DK, EN (UK, US), ES, FI, FR, IT, JA, NL, NO, PT (BR, PT), RU, SV.
- PC (Windows). Text only: BG, CN (TR., SIM.), HU, KO, PL, TH.
- PS1: DE, DK, EN (US, UK), ES, FI, FR, IT, JA, NL, NO, PT, SV.
- PS2: CS, DE, DK, EN (UK, US), ES, FR, IT, JA, NL, NO, PL, PT, SV.
- GBA: DE, DK, EN (US, UK), ES, FR, IT, NL, NO, PT (BR, PT), RU (unofficially), SV.
- GBC: DE, DK, EN (US, UK), ES, FI, FR, IT, NL, NO, PT (BR, PT), SV.
- Gamecube: DE, EN, FR, ES, IT, JA, NL, SV.
- XBOX: DE, EN, ES, FR, IT, NL, SV.
System requirements (for computer)
- Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, or Windows 95
(Windows NT is not supported)
- 266 MHz Intel Pentium II or AMD K6-2 processor
- 64 MB RAM
- 4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
- 500 MB free hard disk space plus space for saved games
(additional space required for Windows swap-file and
DirectX 8.0 installation)
- 8 MB video card with DirectX 8.0 compatible driver; 3D Accelerated
Mode requires an 8MB Direct3D capable video card using the NVIDIA
GeForce3, NVIDIA GeForce2, NVIDIA GeForce 256, NVIDIA Riva TNT2,
NVIDIA Riva TNT, 3dfx Voodoo5, ATI Radeon, ATI Rage 128 Pro,
ATI Rage 128, Matrox MGA-G550, Matrox MGA-G450, Matrox MGA-G400,
Matrox MGA-G200, PowerVR3 Kyro II, PowerVR3 Kyro, or S3 Savage2000
chipset with DirectX 8.0 compatible driver.
- DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
- 400 MHz or faster Intel Pentium II or AMD K6-2 processor
- 128 MB or more RAM
- 8x or faster CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
- 32 MB or greater supported Direct3D capable video card
1 Author: DanyaGameChannel (HarryPotter2210)
2 Author: Nicolas. Thanks to the visitor serhiy1994 for the tip and coordination with the author.